Edit: We have put recruitment on hold for a few weeks as the new team finds their footing. If you want to join, you can still send us an e-mail and we will reach out to you when we have spots available.
Utblick is a student magazine under the umbrella of the Society of International Affairs in Gothenburg (Utrikespolitiska Föreningen), but we write for everyone, in and beyond Gothenburg, who are interested in international politics, culture and development. The society is party politically and religiously unaffiliated and the main goal is to question and debate. We are however not afraid of taking a political stance in relation to human rights as has been declared by the UN declaration of human rights, as well as specifically the rights of women, LGBT, and BIPOC to be respected.
Right now, all applications should be sent to the Online Content Editor, Johanna, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Become a writer
We are looking for writers both for single guest articles and staff writers who want to write for us on a regular basis. At this time, we accept pitches for the online magazine. More info will come regarding future printed issues.
To become a staff writer, the requirements are;
- You need to write at least one article each month (this will vary based on the amount of writers available, but never more than one a month unless you want to).
- You need to send us an email to apply, where you tell us shortly about yourself and attach a writing sample. Either an already published article or you can write a new article about some current news.
- Please send links to your work (if you are a published writer).
If you want to pitch a guest article:
Send a brief outline of your pitch to email@example.com including:
- your proposed working title,
- a one-line introduction and a three-line summary of your article,
- any supporting images/audio/video, and
- links to your previous work (if you’re a published writer).
- Short info about yourself (studies, work etc)
Become an editor
We are also looking for new editors!
This position entails editing articles, being responsible for allotted staff writers and developing ideas for the magazine. We also encourage our editors to get involved in all other areas of work that they are interested in learning about within the magazine. Tasks include:
- Being responsible for 1-3 writers
- Taking pitches from these writers
- Edit articles to get them ready for publishing
- Choose images to the articles according to our guidelines
To apply, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org where you tell us shortly about yourself, why you want to become an editor, what your interests are and if you have any previous experience.
Please note that as we are a student organization, all positions are unpaid. What you get is new friends, experience in writing and making a magazine, if you are a writer – a portfolio, and we’ll gladly be references for your future job hunt.
Sounds interesting to be an editor or writer but has never done anything similar? Apply anyway and we’ll discuss it further.