Hi all future reporters, journalists and media-people! Do you want to be part of a magazine that focuses on international affairs, human rights and politics? We have several positions available!
Submissions for online magazine
We welcome submissions and proposals from both new and established writers. Utblick’s aim is to provide high-quality, accessible and compelling content. Please read our work before submitting ideas.
Send a brief outline of your pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- your proposed working title,
- a one-line introduction and a three-line summary of your article,
- any supporting images/audio/video, and
- links to your previous work (if you’re a published writer).
Submissions for printed issue
Theme for next issue: The Neglected Issue
Utblick now welcomes pitch submissions for our next print issue. The theme for the next issue is “The Neglected Issue”
This theme entails all the stories that remain the quiet elephants in the room, the shadow reports, the subjects that rarely get headlines, the questions that no one dares to ask. Do you have a story, an issue, or analysis that you feel gets left out of the newspapers? Do you want to write about what is rarely talked about? Positive or negative? It’s all welcomed!
It aims to bring to light problems that are, perhaps, not common knowledge or discussed in mainstream media but should be, either because they affect us, might affect us in the future or because they should concern us in principle.
Send us your pitch! A good guide to pitching can be found here. Send your ideas to email@example.com
Become a staff writer
You can also apply to become a staff writer for the team. The requirements are;
- You need to write at least one article each month.
- You need to send us an email to apply, where you tell us shortly about yourself and attach a writing sample. Either an already published article or you can write a new article about some current news.
- Please send links to your work (if you are a published writer).
Graphic design and media submissions
We also welcome other applications concerning graphic design, illustrators, editing and other sort of media that you want to publish on our site. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can talk about it further.
To become a graphic designer;
- You need to be able to do images/design elements for at least 2-3 articles each month.
- Send us your portfolio or a sample!
- Send a small intro of yourself where you tell us about your interests and style of art.
Become an editor
- Editors – We welcome new editors! This position entails editing articles, being responsible for certain staff writers and developing ideas for the magazine. We also encourage our editors to get involved in all other areas of work that they are interested in learning about within the magazine.
Send us an email with your application! email@example.com.